Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mess or Masterpiece?

I've been doing a lot of reading other blogs lately, I found it helps me with my creativity as I've decided to increase my number of posts each week to at least 4 ...

One I recently read lead me to today's topic: Mess or Masterpiece.

In Ephesians 2:10 we read, "For we are God's masterpiece." (NLT)

But far too often, we view ourselves as a mess. We live each day with the mindset that we are far too broken, far too dirty, far too used to be worth anything.

This is so far from the truth!

God loves us. So much, in fact, He sent His only son Jesus to pay the price we could never pay!

Through the blood of Jesus, we are redeemed.

The verse continues on, "He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

Did you catch that? We are a masterpiece because of the sacrifice of Jesus!

On our own, we are those things we often believe to be true. But with Jesus, we are God's masterpiece.

I believe the reason we so often believe the lie is because the enemy is force feeding it to us to keep us "sidelined" ... Because when we begin to live into the truth of being God's masterpiece, we are then free to do the good things He planned for us long ago.

As long as we believe the lie however, we don't do much, if anything at all.

Today, sit down with God and ask Him to show you what you look like from His perspective. Ask Him to open your eyes so you will see the masterpiece. Confess you have lived too long in the lie and you are now ready to step out into the light of the truth.

And then each morning, ask God to do it again. And again. And again.

Then, as you see yourself through the eyes of God, as you begin to live into His masterpiece plan, as you forsake the lies of the enemy. You will be free to do the good works God intended for you long ago.

Does this mean that once I begin to live into the masterpiece plan of God, my life will improve, my job will improve, and I will see prosperity all around?

No.

Jesus promised in John 16:33, "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (NLT)

Think about it. If anyone on earth ever lived completely as God's masterpiece, it was Jesus. And he was crucified.

The world does not accept disciples of Christ because the world did not accept Christ.

But trials and troubles shouldn't keep you from living into the masterpiece plan of God. You have trials and troubles now; why not start living into the masterpiece plan and in addition to the issues of life, also find the joy of God?

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. We simply need to see it for ourselves and then choose to live into that goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment