Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just Rambling about Worship

I drove from Lexington, Kentucky to Freeport, Illinois today. It wasn't an interesting drive since this is the fourth time I've driven to Chicago in the past two months. I practically have the route memorized, and can track my route with a clock rather than with a speedometer or odometer.

So I spent the time listening to several of my Pandora mixes, starting with my Avalon mix and then moving on to my Casting Crowns mix. I always find it more enjoyable to travel with music, and today I was in the mood for some worship sets.

It never ceases to amaze me how music can change any mood, and sure enough, at the points when I was getting "road weary" a great live worship set would come on the mix. Live worship is always best in my opinion, especially when the crowd gets into the act. I simply love hearing an artist drop out and let the crowd sing the lyrics. In that moment, there is a special bond between the musician and the audience.

It is like that with God too, I believe. When God hears us sing back to him (or use whatever form of worship we prefer), there is a tremendous bond created. God so desires worship from His creation, Luke 19:40 tells us that if his people keep silent, the rocks will cry out. God wants us to worship Him. He desires our praise and that connection with us, His children.

I hope that you find time in your day, each and every day, to worship. Not only does God desire to connect with us, we need to connect with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment