Wednesday, July 24, 2013

From My Head to My Heart

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I have published a book. It didn't get any traction, in part because I didn't market it, but I have published a book and a few family and friends have read this book.

I've also started writing another book ... but I haven't really spent much time on it. Today, I'm going to write a little bit of what that book will be about for those of you who read this blog.

The book is entitled 18 Inches: From My Head to My Heart.

It is about how difficult it is for us to actually live into the truths we accept as Christians. Head knowledge and heart knowledge are not the same thing.

I KNOW God loves me, the Bible tells me so. But I don't live into that love daily. I have head knowledge of God's love, but it hasn't truly penetrated my heart.

If the love of God had truly penetrated my heart, my life would look much different. I wouldn't pass up needy people on a daily basis, I would reach out and touch them; just like Jesus did. I would ooze the love of God all over the place, making my little part of the world a much better place to live.

In my head, I know I've been forgiven. However, my heart still holds me hostage. If I truly  had the forgiveness of God in my heart, I wouldn't always walk around "waiting for the next shoe to drop" ... I would understand deep in my being what God means when His word says, in Psalms 103:12, our sins have been removed as far as the east is from the west.

Think about it ... no matter how far you travel east, you will always be going east. You can never travel east and end up traveling west. It is impossible.

So is it impossible for us to travel to a place where God is holding our sins; if we have accepted His forgiveness.

But so often my heart doesn't accept. While my head has memorized, and sometimes even quotes Psalm 103:12, my heart doesn't live into that truth.

Or what about ...

I could go on and on and on with analogies where my faith is only head knowledge, not heart truth.

Someday I will sit back down and write this book. Until then, keep coming back here. You never know when another portion of the book might show up.

And, you will also be able to follow along with my journey into the abundant life God promised, when I am able to move truths from my head to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment