Friday, June 7, 2013

Songs on the Radio

There are currently two songs playing on the radio by Bruno Mars; Just the Way You Are and When I Was Your Man.

Now I'm not sure if these two songs are about the same woman, but for the purpose of this post, I'm going to make that assumption.

In Just the Way You Are, Bruno says:
"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'. Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin'. She's so beautiful. And I tell her every day.
"Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me. And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see. But every time she asks me do I look OK? I say:
"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are.
"And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. 'Cause girl, you're amazing, just the way you are.
"Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me. Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy. She's so beautiful. And I tell her every day.
"Oh, you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change. If perfects what you're searching for then just stay the same. So don't even bother asking if you look OK."
Obviously, he is completely in love with this woman, JUST THE WAY SHE IS.

Enter the second song, When I Was Your Man:
"Same bed, but it feels just a little bit bigger now. Our song on the radio, but it don't sound the same. When our friends talk about you all that it does is just tear me down. 'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name. And it all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.
"Too young, too dumb to realize, that I should have bought you flowers and held your hand. Should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance. Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance. Now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man."

Now I'm not sure who this woman is, but in my opinion she has just walked away from the best possible situation; a man who loves her just the way she is, a man who is enthralled with her beauty, a man who I'd venture to say catches his breath every time she walks into the room, a man who tells her EVERY DAY.

And she walks away because he won't dance with her or send her flowers.

And then it hit me ... we are that woman; Jesus is our "man."

How much does Jesus love us? He gave up EVERYTHING for us. He left heaven to live on earth; he gave up riches to become a pauper; he even forfeited his life.

Just because he loves us.

And, he tells us every day. Through a beautiful sunrise. Through continued good health. Through a roof over our heads, a job that supports us, friends and family who want to be with us.

Jesus shows us his love in so many ways every day.

And we left him. We walked out looking for something better when the best possible thing for us was right there telling us how much he loves us.

Bruno finishes When I Was Your Man with:
"Oh I know that I'm probably much too late, to try and apologize for my mistakes"
Jesus has no mistakes to apologize for, yet he still stands waiting for us to return.

Now when I hear this song it reminds me that I have the best thing in the world, and it is never too late for me to come back, no matter how long I've strayed; because Jesus loves me just that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment